Help us engage our community in the conversations that matter.
About the Project
Theatrical Outfit envisions a compassionate, joyful, and just community.
Our mission is to produce world class theatre that starts the conversations that matter.ARTISTRY is at the core of our productions.
COMMUNITY is the source of our strength.
INCLUSION is central to our purpose.
INTEGRITY is the heart and soul of our work.
Theatrical Outfit's programming of classics, contemporary plays, musicals, and regional and world premieres tells soul-stirring stories, with themes that explore diversity, equality, ethnicity, race, and faith. Our unique voice promotes discussion and public discourse. But the work we do does not stop at the edge of the stage, nor does it end when the lights go down. Through extensive engagement programs, we strive to impact the community that we call our home: downtown Atlanta. These programs include:
1. Page to Stage Talkbacks - Discussions between audience members with the cast, creative team, and staff to learn about how our shows move from script to finished productions.
2. Downtown Dialogues - Engaging talks with a guest panels (community leaders, politicians, and experts in particular topical fields) about the social and historical themes of our shows.
3. SummerStage at the Outfit - theatre camps for young people with scholarships provided for a minimum of 30% of attendees.
4. Mother Daughter Holiday Teas - costumed cast members from our holiday production visit attendees at these delightful events featuring the British tradition of High Tea.
5. Community Caroling - Patrons, friends, artists, and staff members don their festive attire and spread the joy of the holidays through the streets of our downtown neighborhood. Free and open to the public.
This extensive work is fulfilling and impactful. We ask that you consider contributing toward this programming with a donation which is being generously matched by the City of Atlanta.
Help us along our journey to tell soul-stirring stories.
Our generous sponsors will contribute $1 for every $1 donated to this project up to $5,000 ! (pending matching fund availability)
Donate $100 or moreListing in all show programs for the balance of the 2018-19 Season of BeautyAmount is fully tax-deductible
Donate $1,500 or moreDirector's Circle - $1,500 to $4,999
Producer's Table - $5,000 to $9,999
Tom Key Society - $10,000+
All members are invited to two VIP events each season.
Listing in all show programs for the balance of the 2018-19 Season of Beauty.Amount is fully tax-deductible
$80.06Match from City of Atlanta Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs- FY19
$50Match from City of Atlanta Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs- FY19
$106.75in honor of Maxine Smith
$106.75Match from City of Atlanta Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs- FY19
$266.88Ray and Valerie Kelleher
$266.88Match from City of Atlanta Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs- FY19
$250Christie Theriot Woodfin
$250Match from City of Atlanta Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs- FY19
$100Match from City of Atlanta Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs- FY19
$53.38Miriam Strickman Levitas
$53.38Match from City of Atlanta Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs- FY19
This campaign does not yet have any updates.